What a year! We look forward to turning the page and helping restaurants and hotels reopen in the best conditions to welcome their customers in 2021. At COENA, 2020 was not the year of the slowdown, quite the contrary, as we published more than 27 updates on the App Store (an average of an update every two weeks) and remained attentive to our loyal customers in order to meet their needs and offer them the best solution on the market to manage and promote their wines in their establishments.
As 2021 has just begun, our roadmap is ready, and the one promise we are making is that the pace of updates will not slow down.
COENA’s roadmap for 2021
Here is what our software development team is working on for 2021:
- Black/white text support: an option to display the wine list in black or white, to allow our customers to use white/light backgrounds/wallpapers (backgrounds or wallpapers that are already customizable today by the restaurant).
- Multi-language module: the module will evolve to support more languages (today French, German and English are standard) and will include an innovative translation system based on artificial intelligence. The possibility to translate your wine list by yourself or through a professional translator will also be proposed.
- Support of champagne types: the display of champagnes can be filtered by type (Brut, Rosé, Vintage…).
- Improved back end performance
- Improved integration with the iKentoo POS: our integration with iKentoo now allows us to send an order directly from COENA to the cash register. We will improve this integration in order to make it easier to install it and to make it more reliable.
- Customization of the name of the category “Our favorites”.
- Multi-cellar support: allowing you to assign a wine to a service or ageing cellar.
- Menu and dish management module
- Apple Macbook Air and Pro M1 support: the COENA Digital Menu application can be run on Macs with the latest M1 processor, allowing restaurateurs to edit their wine list from a Mac.
- iPhone support: a lighter version of the COENA Digital Menu application can be run on the iPhone to allow restaurateurs to edit their wine list from their cell phone.
- Apple Watch support: a lighter version of the COENA Digital Menu application can be run on Apple Watch to allow waiters to locate a bottle in the cellar with their watch.
- New analytics and graphs in the Analytics module
- Improved search function in the COENA catalog
- Functionality to invite producers to update the information about their wine in the COENA catalog.
Custom development services
In addition to the above roadmap, whose functionalities are delivered free of charge to our customers with each update, our exclusive “custom” development services will still be available for COENA customers on the Premium plan. This service allows the implementation of specific functionalities outside the roadmap.